Saturday 26 March 2016

Review: MAC lipstick in Russian Red

If I think of RED LIPSTICK, the first that jump into my mind is definitely MAC Russian Red.
Truly a classic red, favourite of Gwen Stefani, the Queen of Red Lipstick, this lipstick is a universal red and I believe all skintone can pull it off.

the perfect red lip all year round. in the sun or even in the winter



In the picture above I was pretty much wearing Russian Red on my lips on top MAC Lipliner in Redd, no fancy eye shadow or blusher. Just bit of contouring and highlight and brow gel to set my brows.
I usually wear MAC lipliner in Redd or Brick Red.

MAC description:
Russian Red - Intense bluish-red [Matte] 


Personal experience:

I truly love this! and I have tried many type of reds from a number of brands. Despite having one lips and lots of lipsticks, if this ever runs out or went missing, I will definitely repurchase.

Texture and finish: 
Applied smoothly and matte, but not dry and chalky.
I admit it's not one of those modern formula that felt light as air, but this is a classic and feel like one.
I personally prefer this more than MAC lipstick in Rubywoo. 

Colour: 
MAC Russian Red is more neutral red, I would not necessary says it's warm, I think it depends on wearer skintone. On me the warm in my skin resonate and appear warm and I seen pictures of other people and looks more blue red. So it has that balance between blue and yellow undertone.
Comparing side by side with Revlon Really Red and Topshop Hazard, MAC Russian Red is definitely more neutral or appear 'bluer'. But next to Ruby Woo, Russian Red is warmer.

Texture and colour are the reason I chose Russian Red instead of Rubywoo. 

How it wears all day: 
This wear so good and last really long without making my lips dry. 
Seriously. Even on applying, I really like how it felt like I am painting my lips in a good way. No feathering and no flaking. Before this I thought Revlon Really Red is good enough, but MAC lipstick is definitely on another level. Not only it last long, if it is ever going to fade, at the end of the day or if I am having a meal, it leaves off a good stain, a true red stain not pink which usually happen with blue red. Oil from food would not erase this lipstick straight away.

So overall rating is 4.9/5.0



MAC Lipstick in Russian Red


MAC lipliner Redd

No comments:

Post a Comment